Here's an easy & quick popsicle recipe that will cool you down this summer, I used Valencia oranges to make the popsicles but you can use the regular oranges too. You may also add mint leaves instead of kiwi, which gives a refreshing flavor n taste.
Juice of 1 orange (Valencia orange)
1 kiwi peeled & sliced
2 tbsp sugar
Pinch of salt
Use the hand juicer to make orange juice, add 2 tbsp sugar & a pinch of salt. Keep aside
Fill the Popsicle molds with orange juice add 2 slices of kiwi in each mold. Freeze for 2 hours
For de molding the Popsicle, pour warm water in a glass, dip the Popsicle mold in the glass de mold with the help of Popsicle stick.
A perfect buttery cookie that will go well with your hot cup of tea, coffee or plain milk! I made these with whole wheat flour (Atta). you can also replace whole wheat flour with All purpose flour. These are made from just 3 ingredients.
- 2 cups Whole wheat flour (Atta)
- ¾ cup powdered sugar (add more to adjust the sweetness)
- 1 cup unsalted butter(softened not melted)
- Preheat the oven to 150ºC for 10-15 minutes (300º F, Gas No-2, Oven Terms- Slow)
- In a large bowl, cream the sugar & butter with hands or hand mixer. it should change its color to white.
- Sift the flour and add it to the sugar & butter mixture, until it forms a soft dough. Rest the dough for 15-20 minutes or more.
- Make small balls with palm, press with fingers to make a desired shape, you may also use a cookie cutter. I used a tiny round shaped steel box as a cookie cutter. you can use a fork to prick the cookie on the top.Roughly It should be of .50cm thickness
- bake for 20 minutes or until the cookie turns brown in color.
- The above ingredients will yield 28-30 cookies depending upon the size you give.
- Add more sugar if you think the cookie dough is less sweet.
- Remember every brand flour acts differently (I used ashirwad atta), after resting the dough for more than 20 minutes it shouldn't be sticky to your hands, it should be relatively dry, i.e. when you touch the dough it should be dry but not very crumbly. if it is too crumbly add 1 tsp butter or more as needed.
- I added a tbsp of butter after resting the dough as I thought the dough was dry.
- If you make the cookies with All purpose flour (Maida), you may be able to roll out the dough with the help of rolling pin, but rolling the dough with wheat flour was not possible.
- When you remove the cookies out from the oven, they might be soft but once they cool down they will harden.
- Baking time depends upon the side of the oven. Mine took 18mins
- You may also use 1 cup APF & 1 cup wheat flour.
What Equipment Do You Need to Start Baking at Home
- Gas Oven, Microwave or OTG
- Hand Gloves (optional)
- Mixing bowls- 2 nos
- Electric hand Mixer (Optional)
- Wire Whisk
- Set of Measuring Cups (for Dry ingredients)
- Measuring spoons
- Measuring jug (for wet ingredients)
- Rubber Spatula
- Pastry brushes
- Parchment paper or Wax paper (Optional)
- Cake tin (Square or round), Muffin Tray or Silicon liners, Cookie Tray or Silicon Sheet/ Loaf pan for breads or Cake loaf
- Piping Bags (Optional)
- Cooling rack (Optional)
- Wooden Skewers or toothpicks (Optional)
Benefits Of Ginger Lemon & Honey
- It boosts your immunity system
- Helps in weight loss
- Helps in digestion
- Keeps cold & Cough at bay
- 5 tbsp juice made from ginger root
- 10 tbsp Pure or Organic Honey
- 5 tbsp Lemon juice
- Clean the ginger & remove skin, grate the ginger root using a grater & squeeze the juice in a small bowl.
- Add 10tbsp Pure Honey & 5 tbsp Juice of lemon to the ginger juice.
- Mix this concoction in an air tight jar. Store in freeze for 2 weeks.
- You can also make fresh juice daily by using 1" ginger, 1 tbs honey & ½ tbsp lemon juice
- Take 1 tbsp of this concoction with warm water 2 times a day. This really helps in building immunity in small children, keeping cough & cold at bay.