- 8 fish fillets (cleaned) I used king fish
- 2 large onions, finely chopped
- 1 large tomato, finely chopped
- 1 cup thin coconut milk
- 3 tsp Tamarind Paste
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 cup water
- 10 curry leaves
- Fish masala (I used the ready-made Priya fish masala)
- coriander leaves finely chopped
- salt as required
- clean the fish fillets and add some turmeric powder. keep aside.
- Use the fresh, grated coconut to make coconut milk, Mix water to the grated coconut and blend it into a smooth paste, use a strainer to drain the coconut milk. Soak tamarind in little water for ½ hr, squeeze the tamarind to make the tamarind extract or the pulp. keep aside for further use.
- In a pot heat oil, add the fish masala as needed (I used 3 tsp of masala) then add curry leaves & ginger garlic paste, chopped onions, fry until the onions turn transparent, then add the chopped tomatoes. when the onions and tomatoes cool, make a smooth paste.
- Add the paste to the pot along with water, tamarind pulp and coconut milk, bring the curry to a boil, fish fillets and bring the curry to a boil, add salt as per taste.
add more fish masala if needed.
- Add coriander and serve with rice.